VIRAFILM - Anti-Bacterial & Anti-Viral Protective Surface Films
Self-disinfecting antiviral (including COVID-19) and anti-bacterial protective films from VIRAFILM safeguard the community from high contact surfaces.
In everyday lives, people often get infected with viruses and get illnesses caused by bacteria without being aware of it by touching smartphones, tablets, touchscreens, door handles, desks, counter tops, displays, hand rails, elevator buttons, hotel key cards, EFTPOS machines and many more high touch traffic areas.
VIRAFILM offers protection against bacteria and viruses through its anti-viral films, which have an antiviral coating and are adhered to surfaces that may be exposed (directly or indirectly) to bacteria and virus to prevent secondary infections through physical contact.
VIRAFILM anti-viral silver and copper film is effective in killing bacteria and viruses including COVID-19. Silver and copper are a proven material for deactivating bacteria and viruses. Thus, the film reduces the ability of virus and bacteria being transmitted through a surface being touched or handled by one person and then another.
It has been effectively tested against standard ISO21702 for Anti-Virus and JISZ-2801 & ISO22196 for Anti-Bacteria and provide excellent performance. The antiviral solutions have scientifically proven to be the most effective across the world. The VIRAFILM antiviral films kill 99.9% of viruses including coronavirus within 30 mins and kill 99.9% of bacteria within 10 mins.
The only product that has achieved the world’s top three certifications including the ISO 21702, the CE Mark in Europe, and the FDA approval in the U.S. for its antiviral film.
The film kills 99.9% of viruses including H1N1 and COVID-19 within 30 minutes of contact time and exposed surfaces remain virus free when tested again at one hour and then at twenty four hours. The film also kills bacteria such as Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus Aureus, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Salmonella typhimurium within a 10 minute time frame of exposure.
BBC News on 11 October 2020
“The research from Australian agency CSIRO found the virus was "extremely robust," surviving for 28 days on smooth surfaces such as glass found on mobile phone screens and both plastic and paper banknotes kept at 20C (68F), which is about room temperature, and in the dark.”
For Use In
For use on any surface that is touched eg. counter tops, desks, tables, door handles, elevator buttons etc. The uses are endless. Sold in rolls or as pre-cut to fit.
• Pre-cut film for electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablets, laptop screens, touch screens.
• Pre-cut film for other applications such as: door handles, toilet seats, handrails.
• Pre-moulded and custom made for items such as: keyboard covers, laundry suit bags.
• 99.9% effective
• Removes viruses (including COVID-19) within 30 minutes
• Removes bacteria within 10 minutes
• Antiviral coating
• High thermal stability
• High scratch resistance
• Reduce transmission of viruses and bacteria
• Protect yourself, your guests and the community
• The scientifically proven world leader in the films offering anti-virus and anti-bacteria effects: The world’s fastest virus & bacteria de-activation time
• ACLIV hard coating technology is applied on the film and it offers excellent durability and chemical resistance
• Exceptional certifications: Globally only the product that has all the major international antiviral certifications: ISO21702, CE, FDA
• Silver Film uses PET base film that has much higher technical stability than other materials such as PVC, PE and PP
• Excellent heat & chemical resistance and colour-shift resistance
• The only PET based film certified by ISO 21702
• Contains more silver than other films
• Thicker than other silver film products (e.g, 105mc vs 60mc)
• A wide range of applications for use in homes, hospitals, offices, schools, shopping centres, hospitality and public facilities.
• Effective protection from external shocks and scratches
• Surfaces are protected with a coating hardness of 3H
• The high clarity assures excellent transparency and vividness
• The special coating allows easy removal of fingerprints or oil stains and protects surfaces from damage.
• PET maintains clear and clean status, but PVC becomes decolourised
• PET is eco-friendly, safe for humans and recyclable, while PVC emits dioxins when it is incinerated.
• Human Coronavirus 229E
• Escherichia coli
• Klebsiella pneumoniae
• Pseudomonas aeruginosa
• Salmonella typhimurium
• Methicillin-resistant of Staphylococcus aureus
“This is an exciting development in the fight against COVID-19 and keeping businesses open during these unprecedented times. The applications of VIRAFILM are endless!”
We have the world’s best and proven technology in anti-viral solutions.
From the test conducted targeting the COVID-19 virus, the antiviral film killed 99.9% of the virus within 30 minutes. This is by far the most outstanding result among those of antiviral tests conducted on the COVID-19 virus so far.
We use science-based innovation to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. Virus issues have been our key R&D area in recent years and we have accomplished the significant results. Controlling viruses is even more difficult than bacteria since viruses are up to 100 times smaller than bacteria.
Our antiviral solutions have scientifically proven to be the most effective across the world. VIRAFILM antiviral films kill 99.9% of viruses including coronavirus within 30 mins. The antiviral film also combats a variety of other viruses and bacteria that threaten human health.
VIRAFILM is not a disinfectant and nor does it contain chemicals. It is a cleverly developed material that uses copper and silver technology to attract and kill viruses and bacteria.
Anti-Virus is different from Anti-Bacteria
Viruses are 50-100 times smaller than bacteria’s, so it is much more difficult to control. It is important to tell the difference between antiviral film and antibacterial film. Antiviral film controls both virus and bacteria. All of the VIRAFILM products are antiviral.
Globally, we are one of the very few products that own ISO21702, which is the single globally accredited certification for anti-virus (tested in France and Japan) along with CE and FDA certificate.
The only the PET based film certified by ISO 21702, our film kills 99.9% of viruses within 30 minutes and kills bacteria’s within 10 mins (The fastest performance globally).
Using cleaners on antiviral films
How well does the film hold up to cleaners? Alcohol, Ammonia, Sunlight, Weather etc
PE (copper film) and PET (silver film) have strong chemical resistance, so the efficacy is not affected by cleaners.
The colour of copper film can change only by outside environments such as sunlight, weather, etc, while the colour of silver film does not change indoors and outdoors alike.
The outside environments & conditions do not affect the antiviral performance & durability of both copper and silver film.
Advantages of silver film over copper film
1) Transparent/Clear Vs Copper (translucent) colour
Copper film is not suitable for touchscreens.
Long exposure to translucent colour in screens can be harmful to eyesight.
2) The durability of silver film is up to 1 year due to hard coating on top of film, while that of copper film is 2-5 months.
3) Base material of silver film is PET, while that of copper film is PE or PVC.
PET (polyester), which is much more expensive than other materials, is used for diverse applications such as IT, solar, insulation, packaging and so on due to its high level technical properties.
PET has high thermal stability and high scratch resistance.
4) Silver film offers protection function (shatter resistance), scratch resistance and anti-fingerprint that are the key requirements for IT screen protectors.
To protect our earth, our packaging is eco-friendly. The packaging of our screen protectors is made of sugarcane under the standards of “Non-Timber”, “Non-Bleach” and “Biodegradable”. Even plastic bag inside the packaging is “fully biodegradable”.