Triple Sheeting is a hygienic system of changing a room, resulting in a bright and fresh bed that guests find professional and modern.
Triple Sheeting is an easy system to manage for both housekeeping and laundry. Three sheets and a blanket are used to create the look, which can all be changed and easily laundered after each guest.
Your guests will appreciate the hygienic appearance of the bed and with a few simple accessories like Bed Runners and coordinating cushions, your rooms will have a fresh modern look.
Triple sheeting uses three flat sheets to achieve a luxurious sleep experience.
1. The first flat sheet goes down over the mattress, on top of the mattress protector.
2. Above this lies the second sheet.
3. A blanket or quilt is then placed on top of the second sheet and a final third sheet is placed on top.
Why Triple Sheeting
Triple Sheeting is the way of the future for all beds in the Accommodation Sector. It is a hygienic system of changing a room, resulting in a bright and fresh bed that guests find professional and modern.
Bedspreads and Duvet Covers have proven to collect dirt, absorbing everything from odours, body fluids, food and beverage spills, dust and grime. They are also expensive to replace and launder.
Triple Sheeting is an easy system to manage for both housekeeping and laundry. Three sheets and a blanket or throw are used to create the look, which can all be changed and easily laundered after each guest.
Your guests will appreciate the modern, clean and look of the bed. With a few simple accessories
Your rooms will have a fresh modern look.
How to get the look
Easy step-by-step process to triple sheet a bed.
In this process, we use a blanket but it is possible to use a doona instead.
Place a fitted or flat sheet/tucked over the mattress then starting from the top of the mattress place a flat sheet. Next place a blanket but start a foot down from the top of the mattress and then from the top of the mattress place another flat sheet. Now take the top of the two flat sheets and fold them over the top of the blanket. Now your blanket is sandwiched between the two flat sheets. Then tuck both flat sheets in at the bottom of the bed some hotels tuck in the sides as well. Then place your spread or duvet on top.
How to Triple Sheet a Bed
Triple sheeting is a style of bed making that uses multiple layers of sheets, blankets, and bedspread-like covers. It is often found in upscale hotels. Besides style, one advantage of triple sheeting is that in theory the sheets can be washed less because you have a choice which "layer" you want to sleep under.
Things You'll Need
- Fitted sheet
- Two flat sheets
- Bed spread or decorative bed scarf
Here is one easy step-by-step process to Triple Sheet a bed.
If using a standard bed & base, fit the Valance to the base before you begin.
1. A fitted or a flat sheet goes on the top mattress, in the usual way.
2. A flat sheet goes on next. Standing at the foot of the bed, shake out the sheet until it lies evenly over the bed. Adjust the sheet until a similar length hangs down either side of the mattress.Stand at the head of the bed and lift the sheet until the top hem is pulled up to meet the headboard. Return to the foot of the bed and ensure the sheet is smooth on the bed.
3. The blanket goes on third. Repeat the previous step for the blanket, but the top hem should be about 15 cm (about two hand widths) short of the headboard.
4. The third flat sheet goes over the blanket. Repeat Step 2 for this top sheet, once again adjusting the sheet until the top hem meets the headboard.
5. Fold the top of the sheets back 15cm. This is folding just the sheets, not including the blanket.
6. Fold back another 15 cm. This time both the sheets and blankets fold. The result is the sheets are folded twice, but the blanket only once.
7. Tuck in both top sheets and the blanket in the usual way, being careful to create neat corners at the foot of the bed.
8. Place the pillows on the bed.
9. The result is a very white bed.
Enhance your interior design with a Bed Runner with coordinating cushions.
We recommend a quality upholstery fabric that can easily be laundered in-house, keeping laundering costs low.
Keep it simple
Use the same sheeting for all 3 layers. This makes the laundering process simple, allowing for quick and easy storage, sorting and changing.
To get the look today, please click here to select from our Bedding items.