CARING FOR YOUR CUTLERY
Care and maintenance of stainless steel cutlery
Cutlery is almost exclusively made using stainless steel, because it is highly resistant to stains and corrosion being one of the most durable of metals for this purpose.
- Remove all food remnants and rinse immediately - The prolonged exposure to certain foods, eg. eggs, lemon, mustard, salt & tomato will stain if not rinsed immediately.
- Pre-soak in a plastic or stainless steel tub - Never use aluminium, as this will cause permanent stains.
- Wash in hot water using a good quality detergent or as recommended by your cleaning chemical supplier. Rinse at 180 degrees C.
- Cutlery MUST be dried completely before storing to prevent water stains.
- To remove stubborn marks, use a mild abrasive. To remove stubborn water stains use methylated spirits, and/or vegetable oil. After removing stains, dip in hot water, then wipe with a soft cloth.